Douglas L. Gibson Enterprises Incorporated is a family-owned, family-operated custom home remodeling small business. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of customer service which exceeds our customers’ expectations. Craftsmen Committed to Quality is our mission. Our success has initiated the need to expand our workforce within our SunSetter Awning division in order to keep up with the growing demand for our services.
Douglas L. Gibson Enterprises Inc. is looking for hard working individuals who share the same commitment to quality reflected within every team member of our 40 year old custom home remodeling company. You will work alongside two Master carpenters (craftsmen remodelers) including the president of the company and our foreman of 32 years assisting in our high demand Awning installation and service division. You should expect to work full-time hours and earn a wage of $16-22 per hour. No weekend work (Saturday-Sunday) and paid Federal Holidays. We’re hiring on a temporary basis to start, but if you show up on time and perform exemplary work, we’re willing to consider full-time employment prospects in the near future. We offer safe, educational training on the job as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Construction Manager or Foreman
- Carry materials and supplies from trucks to job site so they are ready for installation or other tasks
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night
- Learn carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and other specialized skills as required by the construction manager
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team
- Measure and cut lumber to desired specifications
Qualified individuals include physically fit learners ranging from high school-aged vocational students interested in taking what they’ve learned in the classroom and applying it through graduate degree college students looking to start a career in the construction services industry.
Skills & Prequalification:
- High school diploma/GED preferred, vocational experience will be considered
- Experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Advanced organizational skills
- Able to pass medical, drug, and background screening as well as a physical fitness assessment
The Douglas L. Gibson Enterprises internship will teach you time-tested carpentry techniques from professionals who have a combined 100 years of knowledge within the industry. Wages will be determined by your passion, skills, and knowledge of the construction industry as well as your commitment to performing to your best abilities.
If you would like to earn $10,000-$14,000 this summer (May through August), please visit www.DLGibson.com/career-opportunities and apply for this 2019 DLG Summer Internship/Apprenticeship.